On this page...
This is a free Wi-fi internet service (the “Service”) provided by the Australian Museum (“AM”) for use by the public. By accessing the Service you accept the Terms on which it is provided. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access the Service. AM may change these Terms at any time. Since you are bound by them, you should review the Terms each time you use the Service.
by clicking ‘Accept’, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of the Service is entirely at your own risk. You have your own wireless enabled device capable of accessing the Service with its own power source. AM is not obliged to provide power, advice or assistance for the Service;
- The Service may be terminated, suspended, limited, changed or your access blocked at any time without notice. Your session may be terminated without notice to you at the discretion of AM;
- Session time and download limits may be applied to your use of the Service. These limits may be determined by AM in its absolute discretion without notice to you;
- the Service may not be used for commercial or business purposes. The Service may only be used for temporary internet access while you are within AM’s Service range. You may not sell or re-sell the Service;
- AM does not warrant that the Service will be available, uninterrupted, secure or error-free, or that it is suitable for supporting any application which requires connectivity that is at a guaranteed speed, uninterrupted, fault-free or secure. AM advises that the Service is not suitable for supporting any application or use which requires continuous, fault-free network connectivity or uninterrupted data flow. AM strongly recommends you install a personal antivirus and firewall on your wireless enabled device to block unwanted traffic and potentially malicious files.
- AM does not guarantee that the Service will be compatible with any devices or software which you may use to connect to the Service. AM has no obligation to resolve faults in the Service. You are responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times including backing up your information transmitted using the Service.
- you are responsible for all consents, royalties and fees related to third-party materials used via the Service;
- Your use of the Service must: a) not interfere with the normal operation of the Service or equipment used in providing the Service; and b) be in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Your use of the Service is entirely at your own risk. AM excludes: a) all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute or general law or custom except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statute or cause this clause to be void (“Non-Excludable Condition”); b) all liability to you in contract for consequential or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the Service even if AM was aware they were possible or otherwise foreseeable including, without limitation, lost profits and damages suffered as a result of claims by any third person; and c) all liability to you in negligence for acts or omissions of AM, its employees, agents or contractors arising out of and in connection with the Service. d) AM’s liability to you for breach of any express provision of this Agreement or any Non-Excludable Condition is limited to supplying the Service again.
- Without limiting AM’s rights to do so, AM: a) is not obliged to supervise, edit or control the content accessed by you through the Service; b) may block or limit access to websites and/or content that: AM considers are not "family friendly"; are illegal; would cause AM to be in breach of any law or any code or instrument which governs its conduct or to incur a liability to any third person or entity; promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work; contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or, may bring negative exposure or harm to AM’s reputation and/or brand. c) disclaims all liability for material you access via the Service that you or any other reasonable person would find offensive (e.g. pornography), upsetting, discriminatory, defamatory or unsuitable for minors. You agree to take reasonable steps to avoid such content while using the Service.
- you agree to indemnify AM for: a) any losses, costs or liability AM may incur as a result of your use of the Service, including any material that you access or make available using the Service; b) any breach of any aspect of these Terms, including but not limited to: (i) your use of the Service, including any material that you access or make available using the Service; (ii) use of the Service by you (or permitted by you) involving offensive or illegal material or activities that constitute infringement of anyone’s intellectual property rights.
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales, which has exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of these terms and conditions of use to be unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions of use will continue in full force and effect.