Sleek Geeks Science Eureka Prize
A national science film competition for Primary and Secondary school students.
2017 Sleek Geeks Science Eureka Prize primary school winners
Photographer: Daniel O'Doherty © Australian Museum
It's time for students with a knack for communicating, and budding filmmakers with an interest in science, to pull out their cameras.
There is a prize pool of $10,000 up for grabs to be shared between the winners and their schools, and finalist representatives also win a trip to Sydney for the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes Award Dinner.
Sponsored by the University of Sydney, the prize encourages students to explore a scientific concept, discovery or invention, or test their own scientific hypothesis in a 1-3 minute film.
"I would certainly encourage anyone with an interest in this sort of thing, not just STEM but video making and science communication ... to contribute to this competition. It's such a great challenge and it's fantastic to do it with a bunch of your friends."
Anna Hardy, co-winner
2017 Sleek Geeks Science Eureka Prize - Secondary
Key dates for 2018
2 February: Entries open
4 May: Entries close 7pm AEST
Late July: Finalists announced online
29 August: Winners announced at Award Dinner
How to enter and extra resources
- 2018 prize information for Primary School students here
- 2018 prize information for Secondary School students here
- Teachers' resources and lesson plans here
- Hints and tips from our judges here
- Tips from multiple award-winner Brandon Gifford here
- Watch 2017 and 2016 highly commended and winning entries
- For help uploading your video, please see our guide to uploading on Vimeo
Sleek Geeks in the news
Please call us on (02) 9320 6230 or email email@example.com