Sleek Geeks Science Eureka Prizes
A national science film competition for Primary and Secondary school students
It's time for students with a knack for communicating, and budding filmmakers with an interest in science, to pull out their cameras.
There is a prize pool of $10,000 up for grabs to be shared between the winners and their schools, and finalist representatives also win a trip to Sydney for the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes Award Dinner.
Sponsored by the University of Sydney, the prize encourages students to explore a scientific concept, discovery or invention, or test their own scientific hypothesis in a 1-3 minute film.
Key dates for 2018
2 February: Entries open
4 May: Entries close 7pm AEST
Late July: Finalists announced online
29 August: Winners announced at the Award Dinner
How to Enter and Extra Resources
- 2017 prize information for Primary School students here
- 2017 prize information for Secondary School students here
- Teachers' resources and lesson plans here
- Hints and tips from our judges here
- Tips from multiple award-winner Brandon Gifford here
- Watch 2017 and 2016 highly commended and winning entries
- For help uploading your video, please see our guide to uploading on Vimeo
Please call us on (02) 9320 6230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org