Australian Museum Scientific Illustration Scholarship
Application for Australian Museum's national Scientific Illustration Scholarship of $10,000 is now open.
As part of its 190th anniversary, the Australian Museum has announced a national Scientific Illustration Scholarship of $10,000, open to students enrolled in Scientific Illustration courses at a tertiary level (or equivalent).
In addition to the $10,000 scholarship, the recipient will also be invited to participate in further activities at the AM to enhance their practice, including rare access to the AM’s extensive scientific collection and mentoring from AMRI scientists.
Expressions of Interest for the AM’s Scientific Illustrations Scholarship are now open and will close on Friday, 29 September 2017 at 5pm. Entries will be judged by a panel comprising the AM’s Director; the Director of AMRI and experts in scientific illustration.
How to Apply for AM's Scientific Illustration Scholarship
To submit your application for AM's Scientific Illustration Scholarship, please complete the form on the bottom of the page and supply the following with your submission:
- Three (3) image files of your nominated illustrations - they must have been executed within the two years prior to the entry closing date. Nominated artworks must:
- contain one image of each illustration,
- be in jpeg, jpg, png or gif format only,
- in 300dpi, maximum 3MB in size,
- have clearly labelled file names. Each file should contain the artist's surname (capitals), first name (lowercase), number of the work submitted (corresponding to the number of the artwork image submitted) and title of the work. eg. SMITH_Joe_01_MonaLisa, SMITH_Joe_02_Water Lilies, SMITH_Joe_03_Yellow Flowers,
- be supplied with an artist statement (up to 150 words max per work), in doc format only.
- One page (A4) Artist CV, in doc format only, giving current biographical / course information. No additional material, text or images will be viewed by the panel.
- A signed Terms and Conditions document in PDF. Terms and Conditions for the AM Scholarship application is available to download in a PDF format. This document must be reviewed and signed as part of your application.
- Compile your nominated artworks, artist statements, CV and signed Terms and Conditions in a file sharing platform of your choice, eg. Dropbox, Google Drive and supply the link in the 'Submission URL' field on the form below. Make sure the sharing settings are set to Public.
- Submit your application using the form below no later than Friday, 29 September 2017 at 5pm sharp.