Outreach refers to programs and events that are not delivered at the Australian Museum site in Sydney.
Australia is a large country and not everyone can visit the Australian Museum in person. Outreach programs play an important role in bringing the city to the bush. Outreach is an important part of the Australian Museum's Engagement, Exhibitions & Cultural Connections division and enables people from across NSW and Australia to engage with Australian Museum content and participate in programs wherever they live.
The Australian Museum has a wide variety of Outreach programs to meet the needs of all Australians.
- Touring Exhibitions
- Museum in a Box® for schools and libraries
- Science on the Road currently visiting Far West NSW in November 2017
- Museum 2 You® an environmental education display kit
- Video Conferencing for schools and community groups
- Evolution of Australian Biota Study Days
- Sydney Science Festival
- Australian Museum Sleek Geeks Eureka Prizes
- Bugwise online invertebrate surveying toolkits
Karen Player , Manager Museum Outreach