On this page...
Museum in a Box is available for set three week loan periods and can be sent to any educational institution across Australia.
It will help students to understand that visual and performing arts are integral parts of First Nations lifestyle and identity - connecting land, people and heritage across Australia over time. They will also learn that:
- art contains many levels of meaning, such as symbolism and mythology
- there are major regional styles used by First Nations people
- media and contexts influence what is produced and performed
- First Nation people have created new contexts for art and performance
- Land Marks map of New South Wales
- Land Marks postcards of art sites
- Colourscapes colourwheel
- 2 sets of clapsticks
- Emu decoy
- Music DVD
- Information panels
A charge applies to loan the Museum in a Box program for 3 weeks. This charge covers booking, handling, maintenance and freight of the box to and from any school or education institution. Please ensure you read the risk assessment before you book. A tax invoice will be sent after you book.
$110 (incl. GST) per box for NSW regional schools, PSFP schools and NSW age care facilities.
$154 (incl GST) per box for Greater Sydney postcodes; 2250 - 2260, 2500 - 2526, 2555 - 2573 & 2745 - 2770
$182 (incl. GST) per box for Sydney Metropolitan schools and interstate organisations.
The Australian Museum applies the designation of Sydney Metropolitan to schools with postcodes up to and including 2234.