Kids Go Free
You don’t have to break the bank to entertain and inspire the kids.
The AM is inspiring curious kids minds – with free general admission!
Kids will go wild with hands-on experiences, dinosaurs, giant megafauna, rocks and minerals and even a child friendly café with great food and drinks if you need a little break from the discovery and exploration.
The AM is a place where kids can explore the natural world around them and stimulate their imaginations. Here are our tops tips for planning your visit to the AM:
- Check out the latest events for families on our Kids at the Museum page
- Visit Kidspace, a mini museum for the under 5s on Level 2
Visit Search and Discover on Level 2 to touch real specimens, look through microscopes, use computers, read books or quiz our friendly staff
- Look for staffed Touch-Tables throughout our exhibitions and touch real specimens
- Immerse yourself in culture in Bayala Nura: Yarning Country and Pacific Spirit.
- Unearth the secrets of paleontology in Dinosaurs.
- Visit the sparkling world of Minerals.
Please note, general admission is free for children under 16. Charges apply for some special exhbitions and events.