On this page...
Planning your visit with children
The AM is a place where kids can explore the natural world around them, stimulate their imaginations and inspire curious kids minds.
Kids will go wild with hands-on experiences, dinosaurs, giant megafauna, rocks and minerals.
There's also a wonderful view from the level 4 cafe with great food and drinks if you need a little break from the discovery and exploration.
Yes we have Dinosaurs!
Visit the dinosaurs gallery on level 2 and discover the amazing creatures that ruled the world until 65 million years ago
Everyday fun activities for little explorers
- Visit Kidspace, a mini museum for the under 5s on Level 2
- Visit Search and Discover on Level 2 to touch real specimens, look through microscopes, use computers, read books or quiz our friendly staff
- Look for staffed Touch-Tables throughout our exhibitions and touch real specimens
- Immerse yourself in culture in Bayala Nura: Yarning Country and Pacific Spirit.
- Visit the sparkling world of Minerals and learn how they shape the world we live in.