Spiders – Alive & Deadly App - Download Now
Spiders – Alive & Deadly app complements the Australian Museum’s major new exhibition.
The app uses Augmented Reality (AR) technology and your mobile phone to place scientifically accurate 3D spider models in the environment around you.
Watch the spiders come to life by scanning Spiders exhibition posters, outdoor markers and image tokens with the app! You can make them dance, snap a picture with them and keep the Peacock Spider as a pet.
Spiders featured in the app include:
- Lynx Spider
- St Andrews Cross Spiders
- Queensland Whistling Tarantula
- Wolf Spider
- Redback Spider
- Red headed Mouse Spider
- Peacock Spider
How use the Spiders – Alive & Deadly App
1. Download the App to your mobile device
2. Activate the Lynx Spider
You can bring the Lynx spider to life when you scan:
- Signs outside the Australian Museum
- At the entry to the Spiders exhibition
- Exhibition posters and flags across Sydney
- Inside the Spiders exhibition on coasters, along with all the other spiders to discover!
3. Collect special tokens when you visit the Spiders – Alive & Deadly exhibition
There are six tokens to collect - so collect them all!
4. Activate other spiders throughout Sydney CBD from January to May 2017
Locate these markers around the city in Sydney CBD. Scan using the app on your device to activate spiders such as the Redback, Peacock and Queensland Whistling Tarantula.
The spiders don't like to come out in intense sunlight. If you have difficulty activating the spiders on the markers, find one in the shade or try again later in the when the sun is lower in the sky.
Pose for a photo opportunity with the spiders and share your experience on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with #AustralianMuseum.
5. Keep a pet Peacock Spider
Pick up the Pet Peacock Spider postcard when you visit the exhibition. Scan the postcard with the app to bring it to life.
You can feed and play with your pet Peacock Spiders by tapping the corresponding icons on the left handside of the screen.
To interact with your pet spider without the marker on the postcard, tap on the matchbox icon.