- Kathryn Parry
- Teacher Librarian
I have worked in public schools for over 20 years. For the past 15 years I have worked as a Teacher Librarian. I work with students from K-6 (age 5-12) Over 98% of our students are from language backgrounds other than English and when we combine staff and students we cater for 1000 people on a daily basis. As a school we share in a diversity of over 45 cultural backgrounds. My school is a vibrant and complex learning community. Technology has become an important part of all our lives, but increasingly so as a tool for learning and a strategy for teaching. I have used computers in the classroom since 1989 and the internet, since 1996. I am keen to explore further the application of Web 2.0 tools. I am also interested in Indigenous Australian culture.
- What is the difference between a frog and a toad? Is the Cane Toad the only kind of toad found in Australia?
- Great video. Should be a good tool to attract visitors to exhibits.
- A useful article which is easy to understand,
- Great to see the visual support on this section of the site.
- Are there plans to add information about plants?
- It would be great to see a map of these different language groups.
- Minmi paravertebra
- Muttaburrasaurus langdoni
- Aboriginal rock engraving of an echidna
- Australian Museum Entomology Collection
- Behind the Scenes - Entomology
- Clan names chart
- Clans and language groups
- Eastern Pobblebonk Frog
- Fish, maugro
- Food from the sea: mammals, birds and turtles
- Indigenous Australia - Flags
- Indigenous Australia Timeline - 1500 to 1900
- Indigenous Australia Timeline - Pre-Contact
- Short-beaked Echidna
- The Cretaceous Period (146-65 million years ago)
- The Jurassic Period (205 - 145 million years ago)
- The Triassic Period (252 - 201 million years ago)
- What are the differences between ants and termites?
- What are the differences between butterflies and moths?