On this page...
The Day and Night box is a resource designed specifically for Early Childhood groups. The topic was chosen to complement children's fascination with creatures that they find and hear in their environment.
It includes a great variety of real specimens, insects embedded in resin, finger puppets, handmade kingfisher and bat wings, puzzles, posters and books.
- Grey Headed Flying fox, Ringtail Possum, Tawny Frogmouth and Sacred Kingfisher specimens
- Replica lizard, snake, frog and gecko
- Animal poo and a moth and a butterfly embedded in clear plastic resin
- Scats and Tracks flip book
- Magnetic puzzle
- Platypus DVD and Noises in the Night CD
- Finger puppets and fabric to create your own habitats
- Kingfisher and bat wings
- Kookaburra poster, story and reference books
- Teachers notes