Museum in a Box is available for set three week loan periods and can be sent to any educational institution across Australia.
It examines the ways in which First Nations people obtain, process and use their food resources. It will also help students to understand:
- that First Nations people use many methods of finding, collecting and processing food;
- that First Nations people obtain a variety of products from a single resource;
- the creative way First Nations people respond to diverse conditions and environments.
- 18 bush food specimens
- Bush smells
- Bush Tucker environment posters
- Bush Tucker activity card
- Bush Calendar posters
- Information panels
A charge applies to loan the Museum in a Box program for 3 weeks. This charge covers booking, handling, maintenance and freight of the box to and from any school or education institution. Please ensure you read the risk assessment before you book. A tax invoice will be sent after you book.
$110 (incl. GST) per box for NSW regional schools, PSFP schools and NSW age care facilities.
$154 (incl GST) per box for Greater Sydney postcodes; 2250 - 2260, 2500 - 2526, 2555 - 2573 & 2745 - 2770
$182 (incl. GST) per box for Sydney Metropolitan schools and interstate organisations.
The Australian Museum applies the designation of Sydney Metropolitan to schools with postcodes up to and including 2234.