On this page...
Aligned to Australian Museum’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy 2017-2020, AM has announced the Young Aboriginal Artists’ Fellowship Program of $10,000, to be awarded to three recipients. It is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students enrolled in Fine Arts, Creative Arts or Design at a tertiary level (or equivalent).
In addition to the $10,000 fellowship, the three successful fellowship recipients will also be invited to participate in further activities at Australian Museum to enhance their professional artistic practice. This includes bespoke access to AM’s significant Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander collection and culturally appropriate mentoring from senior Aboriginal /First Nations staff, with access to broader staff technical expertise and external practitioners.
Expressions of Interest for the Australian Museum Young Aboriginal Artists’ Fellowship Program 2019 are now open and will close on Thursday, 20 December 2018 at 5pm. Applications will be judged by a First Nations peer panel comprised of internal and external First Nations arts and cultural sector leaders.
This Fellowship is made possible by a grant from the Australian Museum Foundation.
How to apply for Australian Museum Young Aboriginal Artists’ Fellowship Program 2019
To submit your application for the Australian Museum Young Aboriginal Artists’ Fellowship Program 2019, please review the guidelines and complete the application form on the bottom of the page.
- Opening date: Monday 12 November 2018
- Closing date: Thursday 20 December 2018
- Successful applicants announced: Monday 18 February 2019
- Projects to commence : From Monday 18 March 2019
- Projects cannot be extended beyond September 2019
To complete the application form:
- Open and fill in the electronic YAAFP Application Form 2018-19 Word file template, save as a new document.
- Please read YAAFP Guidelines 2018-19 before submitting entry
- Upload your completed entry form along with accompanying documentation to a Dropbox/GoogleDrive to share folder, send the link along with the form below
- One (1) electronic copy should be submitted by 5pm Thursday, 20 December 2018.