Interactive: Virtual Skull - Chimpanzee pan troglodytes
This is a cast of a Common Chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes skull. There are two living species of chimpanzee – the Common Chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes, and the Bonobo or Pygmy Chimpanzee, Pan paniscus. Chimpanzees live in woodland and forests in western and central tropical Africa.
Click on the view interactive link above to launch the quicktime interactive. You will need the Quicktime plugin to view these virtual skulls.
- when your cursor changes to a hand you can drag your mouse in either direction to rotate the skull
- when your cursor is either on the left or the right side of the popup window, it will change to a thin arrow, hold your mouse down to rotate the skull in either direction
- click on the icon to view a static bottom view of the skull, click again on the icon to return to the front view which you can rotate
- a ruler will show at the top of the window when the skull is either to the front or facing to the left
- hold your Shift key down to zoom in
- hold your Control/Command key down to zoom out
- View interactive in new window
- File type:
- File size:
- Donald McAllister
- © Australian Museum