On this page...
The ACWG specialises in population genetics/genomics and provides a range of DNA based services that may be of use to wildlife managers and captive population managers.
The ACWG is committed to the conservation of Australian biodiversity and regularly carries out genetic assessments for a variety of government departments and NGOs responsible for the management of wild populations.
The ACWG also has a strong relationship with the zoo community and has a Memorandum of Understanding with The Zoo and Aquarium Association (the peak body representing the zoo and aquarium community throughout Australasia) for the provision of molecular services.
The services provided for captive holders and population manager include:
- Marker development for population genomic assessment
- Genotyping for population genetic assessments (diversity, genetic structure, relatedness etc)
- Paternity testing
- Breeding recommendations (i.e do not breed lists)
- Avian Gender Testing (validated across a range of species)
- Bio-banking – storage of genetic material for current and future analyse.
Accredited for compliance with (ISO/IEC 17025) interpreted for research using CITAC Guide CG2 “Quality Assurance for Research and Non Routine Analysis” (1998).
If you wish to enquire about costs and services please use the form below.