Fashion Less Waste: terms and conditions
The Australian Museum presents the Fashion Less Waste design competition.
Entries for Fashion Less Waste 2012: Deep Oceans have now closed.
- An entry form must be submitted to the Museum, along with the requested photographs/images and fee (as a cheque or money order) before the competition close.
- Each entrant can only submit one outfit/entry. A maximum of two people can submit an entry together. Where two people have submitted an entry, any awarded prize money will be shared equally amongst them.
- The outfit must be designed and made by the person/people named on the entry form.
- The competition is not open to Australian Museum employees, or to members of their immediate family.
- The competition is open to entrants from all Australian states and territories. However, entrants must be able to attend the parade of finalist entries at the Museum at their own expense.
- Each photograph of your entry and animal image must be maximum 10 X 15 cm (4 X 6 in) in size, and marked legibly on the back with your name and category. These photographs / images (or any other part of your entry) will not be returned.
- The details on your entry form will only be used for the purposes of this competition and the related promotion. Your private information will not be given to any individual or organisation other than the Australian Museum without your prior permission.
- Those entrants who are selected as finalists will be notified by phone and email in June. Their place as a finalist will only be secured and announced once they have confirmed their attendance at the parade.
- The Museum is unable to arrange or fund your travel to the Museum with your outfit for the parade.
- The judges’ choices will be final, and no correspondence about the choices will be entered into.
- The Australian Museum and its associates in FLW may use your entry photos, or photos or video of you, your entry and model at the parade event in print or web media, for promotional purposes associated with this competition and any future related competitions. Copyright belongs to the creator of the image or video. The intellectual property for your design remains with you.
- The Australian Museum cannot accept liability for any loss of or damage to finalists’ outfits during the parade or temporary public displays, or during travel to or from the Museum or other sites of display. The Museum will take all reasonable care to safeguard outfits whilst they are in its custody.
- The Museum cannot arrange or fund the return of the awarded outfits after the displays. The awarded entrants will be given at least 2 weeks notice of a 2 week period immediately after the displays in which their outfits can be picked up from the Museum. If entrants live out of the Sydney area, return by another method can be arranged. The Museum is under no obligation to keep/store the outfits after this period.
Please note that this email address cannot be used to submit entries. Entries must be submitted as advised in the outline.
Ms Helen Wheeler , Learning Services Operations Manager