What's on: Tourist Packages
Enjoy an engaging, interactive experience on one of our special pre-booked tours.
- Event Type:
- Everyday event
- 09.30 AM to 05.00 PM
Centrally located opposite Hyde Park in Sydney, the Australian Museum was established in 1827 and has an international reputation in the fields of natural history and indigenous studies, research, community programs and exhibitions.
Mandarin tours at the Australian Museum
Visit Australia’s first museum and discover its treasures on a Mandarin-language guided tour.
Dates & times: 10am and 11:30am daily, 27 January - 12 February | 5:30pm and 7pm, 1 & 8 February
Price: $33 General Admission / $23 Concession / $15 AM Members
Indigenous Tour Package 1 – Traditional Aboriginal performance and First Australians Galleries
Enjoy an engaging, interactive experience while exploring the diverse beliefs and lifestyles of Australia’s original peoples. The highlight of the package is a traditional didgeridoo and dance performance and a guided tour of the Museum's First Australians Galleries.
- Australian Museum's state-of-the-art Theatrette - 6 College St, Sydney
- Personal tour group performances with your choice of time
- Total tour package time approximately 70 minutes
- Didgeridoo and Dance Use, explanation and handling of Indigenous artefacts such as didgeridoos and boomerangs
- Photographs during and after the performance Personally photograph and meet the Indigenous performers and ask questions
- Guided tour of the Indigenous Australians exhibition
- Commentary and explanation of the exhibitions by a Museum educator
Rack Rates: from $34 per person dependant on numbers. Minimum 20 people, maximum 100 people.
Indigenous Tour Package 2 – First Australians Galleries and cultural artefacts demonstration
Experience an informative tour of the Museum’s First Australians Galleries with an expert guide. Get up and close to an array of Indigenous artefacts from the Museums vast collections. Museum experts will demonstrate the use of such items and guests will receive an item of bush tucker food.
- Guided and Informative tour of the Museum’s First Australians Galleries with an expert guide
- Get up close to an array of Indigenous artefacts from the Museum
- Including tools, weapons, containers and objects of a ceremonial and spiritual nature
- Museum experts will demonstrate the use of such items
- Guests will have the opportunity to handle traditional objects such as boomerangs
- Each guest will receive an item of bush tucker food to take home as a reminder of their visit
Rack Rates: From $25 dependant on numbers. Minimum 10 people, maximum 60 people.
How to book
Bookings in advance, 7 days a week from 9.30am – 5.00pm. Call Carole Betts on +61 2 9320 6277 or email for more information.