What's on: Mammoth MegaSnore
Sleep next to dinosaur and measure up giants of the ice age. It's a night at the museum to remember!
- Event Type:
- 12 January 2018 to 13 January 2018
- 06.00 PM to 08.00 AM
- Australian Museum Entrance, 1 William Street
- $120 Member child; $150 Member adult, $140 non-Member child; $180 non-Member adult
Spend a night at the Museum!
"An incredible night full of memories that I now have to share with my son." - Anna from Mummy Muckups
The Museum is a very different place after dark, when visitors have left and the lights go out. Join us for an unforgettable overnight experience at the AM.
Sleep next to dinosaur giants and get a private exhibition viewing of Mammoths: Giants of the Ice Age and screening of family favourite Ice Age the movie. Venture on a torchlight tour and meet some Australian megafauna along the way. In the morning you will wake to breakfast at our rooftop cafe overlooking Sydney Harbour and Botanic Gardens, after which you can try your hand at creating your own Palaeolithic art carving of a soapstone mammoth, dire wolf or cave bear.
Ages: Families with children aged 6 -12 years (Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adults are not permitted without a child)
Time: 6.00 PM - 8.00 AM the following day.
For enquiries please email email@example.com or call (02) 9320 6311.
Ticket price includes:
- Dinner and continental breakfast
- Encounter live native Australian animals such as crocodiles, pythons and lizards oh my! (Syllabus adapted for school groups. Simply inform AM staff of year group /Stage when booking)
- Torchlight tour of the Museum Galleries, including Wild Planet and Surviving Australia
- Screening of the film, 'Night at the Museum' in the Theatrette
- Sleep in the Dinosaur Gallery (sleeping equipment NOT included)
- Entry into the current special exhibition i.e. SPIDERS: Alive and Deadly! intil 16 July then 'Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year' from 11 August - 10 December.
- Children receive a goodybag to take home which includes a growing dinosaur egg!
What to bring:
- All sleeping equipment i.e. camping mat, sleeping bag, pillow, comfortable sleeping clothes
- Tooth brush, toiletries and wash cloth (no showers available)
- Ear plugs and sleep mask (optional)
- Please note that the museum is unable to store personal belongings. Please refrain from bringing unnecessary valuables with you and please keep your valuables with you at all times.
Schools, Girl Guide, Scout or other private organisations can book a private DinoSnore. $110 per person (inc. GST) with 60 pax minimum & 100 pax maximum. Supervising teachers and parents are free at a ratio of one adult per 10 students (1:10). Extra adults will cost $110 pp. (inc. GST). Bookings can be made Monday – Thursday (subject to availability) including school holidays. Email Group.Bookings@austmus.gov.au. Private DinoSnores booked by groups for a Friday evening will be subject to normal general public prices (see above).
To become a Member of the AM and take advantage of the discounted ticket price, visit: australianmuseum.net.au/members
More questions? Check out our FAQs here.