What's on: Dinosaurs
See, hear, touch and even smell the world of dinosaurs.
- Event Type:
- Everyday event
- 09.30 AM to 05.00 PM
- Level 2
- Entry to the AM is free for kids under 16! Adults are free after admission
Dinosaurs is bigger and better than ever! Famous for having 10 complete dinosaur skeletons and eight-life-sized models, it also features high-tech interactive displays that encourage you to look, listen and learn about these fascinating creatures who ruled the world until 65 million years ago.
Hear roars from the Mesozoic era and roam the eerily lit space looking, touching and experiencing the ancient world of dinosaurs as it's brought to life with skeletons, skulls, teeth, claws and hundreds of other fossils. Learn how dinosaurs lived and died and find out which ones are still thriving.
Things to do
- T.Rex Autopsy Explore the world’s first anatomically correct model of a T-Rex. Discover how the 65 million year-old-beast lived, and the cause of its death. Presented by National Geographic.
- Catch up with old dinosaur favourites including Stegosaurus
- See the 228 million-year-old Eoraptor, the bird-like Bambiraptor, and the amazing Jobaria – a 22 metre-long sauropod (long-necked plant-eater) rearing to a whopping 10 metres!
- Gain insights into the dinosaurs found in Australia's own backyard including a skeleton of the seven metre-long, plant-eating Muttaburrasaurus.
- Smell the Mesozoic world, make dinosaur calls and even see the world from a dinosaur's perspective using the cool interactive displays!
- Watch a recreated scene from Australia's ancient past telling the story of a deadly encounter between a small herbivorous dinosaur and two hungry carnivores.
- Learn how new discoveries and the latest technology are changing our understanding of these fascinating creatures.
- Find out the latest theories on what killed the dinosaurs.
- Spin the wheel of misfortune to find out which animals died and which survived the mass extinction that occurred 65 million years ago.
- Browse through the AM Store on your way out and pick up a dinosaur memento or gift about the natural world including books, toys and games, and the Museum's official souvenir guidebook. Great for kids' presents, local and international tourists, or as a treat for yourself.
For more on exhibitions and events just like this, subscribe to our newsletter by following the link below.