Dinosaurs - Stages 1-3 Teacher Notes
Information for teachers preparing their students for a self-guided exploration of the Dinosaurs exhibition.
Before your visit
To make the most of your visit to the exhibition we strongly recommend that you spend time in class preparing your students by:
- establishing what they know about dinosaurs
- providing an outline of the exhibition
- developing questions they may like to explore
- encouraging your students to gather news items about dinosaurs.
At the Australian Museum
The self-guided activity for primary students guides students through the exhibition and will enhance their experience.
The key theme addressed in this exhibition is how dinosaurs lived and died and how we know. Fossils, comparisons with modern animals and new technology are used to understand dinosaur behaviour.
The Dinosaurs exhibition is divided into four main thematic areas:
- Dinosaur World
- Dinosaur Life
- Discovering Dinosaurs
- Surviving Dinosaurs.
See the Dinosaurs Exhibition Guide to:
- find background information on dinosaurs
- find an overview of the exhibition
- assist you to interpret the exhibition for your students
- suggest some questions you may like to explore.
Don't forget to bring a camera.
Ms Helen Wheeler , Learning Services Operations Manager