Booking an education group
Charges for education groups and how to book an excursion to the Australian Museum. Bookings are essential.
What we need to know
- Name of the person arranging the excursion and their contact details
- Name and address of your school/organisation
- Which educator-led program and/or self-guided exhibition visit you'd like
- 3 possible dates for the excursion in case your first preference is not available
- Approximate number of students
- School year group or level of the students
How to book
Bookings are taken for groups of 10 or more students. Exemptions do apply.
- Phone:(02) 9320 6222 or (+612) 9320 6222 for international visitors
- Email: Group bookings office and please include your telephone number, school name and number of students.
- Fax: (02) 9320 6072 please print and fax this Education Group Visit Request Form
Free general entry for booked primary and secondary school students.
- Self-guided programs
- Spiders exhibition
A charge of $6.00 (GST free) per student.
- Educator-led programs
A charge applies per student for each educator-led session. Please contact the Group bookings office for pricing details.
How to pay
Your Booking Confirmation form will indicate the cost of your educator-led sessions.
Payment by cheque, cash, credit card or eftpos may be made at the time of your visit.
Invoicing is also available to education and tour groups. Please ensure you provide our Booking Office with full postal and contact details when making your booking and advise them of your request to invoice. Your tax invoice will be issued to you at the time of your visit to submit to your office for payment.
Information to assist teachers in risk management planning for their education group excursion to the Australian Museum.
Education Program Brochures
Information for teachers about maximising learning opportunities before, during and after a visit to the Museum.
Students with disabilities
All education programs at the Australian Museum are available to students with physical or learning disabilities. Please discuss your students' specific needs with the Booking Officer when booking the excursion so we can maximised the learning opportunities for them during their visit.
Save time: keep in touch with us via e-newsletters, social media and our blog.