By: Dr Lynda Kelly, Category: Museullaneous, Date: 24 Mar 2010
Notes and links for a Masterclass I'm teaching on March 24, 2010, for University of Technology students.
Teaching a Masterclass tonight at UTS to a bunch of students about what museums are doing in the Web 2.0 area. I’ll be discussing the following.
1. Why museums are in these spaces – data about visitors’ use of social media
3. Social media in exhibition development – building community:
4. Web 2.0 and organisational change for museums:
5. Six ways to make Web 2.0 work (based on an HBR article):
6. Developing a Web 2.0 mindset
7. Repurposing content: write once, publish broadly across a range of mediums
8. Other museums