Celebrating the winners of the 2016 Australian Museum Eureka Prizes
Last night, the year-long Australian Museum Eureka Prizes program culminated in the celebration of finalists and winners at the 2016 Award Dinner.
The black-tie event was held at Sydney Town Hall, with a guest list of over 650 representing the who’s who of the Australian science community – including 49 prize finalists who were celebrated for their contribution to Australian science.
The 2016 Eureka Prizes program saw:
• 16 prizes presented across four categories
• Over 2,200 individuals contributing to an entry
• 65 judges on 16 panels to decide the winners
• 49 finalists (including teams)
• 31 coveted trophies given to 16 winners
• $160,000 in prize money awarded
• 21 sponsors and supporters.
The night was a great success, and #Eureka16 even trended at number 1 in Australia for part of the evening! Media has started to roll in with coverage in the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian, Business Insider, The Conversation, ABC Online and last night’s ABC 7.30 just part of the line-up.