This week we feature our newest Research Associate and the strange case of 'Buddist Barramundi' releases.
New Fish Research Associate
Rohan Pethiyagoda is an Australian Museum Research Associate. He is currently working with the collection staff of the Fish Section and pursuing his own research and editing projects.
John Pogonoski works at CSIRO, Hobart, in the Fish Taxonomy group. He has visited the Australian Museum on a number of occasions, most recently on 4 and 5 March 2010. During his visit John examined specimens of morays eels.
New fish species pages published this week
New fish movies
- Barramundi in Sydney Harbour
- Black Sole, Brachirus nigra
- Blacksaddle Goatfish in the Gold Coast Seaway
- Common Lionfish in the Gold Coast Seaway
Our new fish blog. Watch this space ...
- Barramundi in Sydney Harbour (Buddist Barramundi)