Since I last posted to Fish Bits, I have participated in an amazing fieldtrip to the Kermadec Islands. I returned earlier this week and have now resumed adding content to the fish site.
Kermadec Islands Expedition
This incredible trip received considerable media coverage, primarily in New Zealand. A few of the official blog pages that show Australian Museum staff are listed below.
- Marine life without a backbone (16 May)
- When is a hare really a slug? (16 May)
- Time to vacuum (18 May)
- How to process a fish – size, tag, sample and record (23 May)
During my absence, Amanda added these 'expedition pages':
- Black Rockcod at the Kermadec Islands (movie)
- Common Lionfish at Kermadec Islands (movie)
- Kermadec Team
- Kermadec Update
- The Kermadec Blog and a rare Monkfish
- Zebra Lionfish Kermadec Islands
New image gallery:
From old site: Brian Saunders (2001)