Are we too obsessed with Facebook?
So asks Mashable in this posting. Check out the infographic that, among other things, shows:
- 500 million active Facebook users - that is one in every 13 people on Earth
- 48% of 18-34 years olds check their account right when they wake up - 28% on their Smartphones before even getting out of bed
- Those aged 30+ represent 30% of users
- Around 70% of users are outside the United States
- 57% talk to more people online than they do face-to-face
- 48% of young Americans said they fond out about the news via Facebook
Studies we have conducted at the Museum showed that around 70% of visitors had Facebook accounts and, of these, 45% used them at least once a day.
Again, seems a trend well worth keeping on top of...