So says the latest research from Google - "The Constantly Connected Consumer".
According to their report, The Mobile Movement released today, "The everyday lives of US consumers are being transformed by the ability to constantly connect through always on, always available mobile devices". Some interesting findings:
- "Smartphones serve as pocket PCs and extend desktop experience"
- "Smartphones are used while consuming other media"
- Smartphones users multitask as usual practice (and I think we all multitask now anyway, check this blog post out)
- Search is most used and there are a wide variety of searches conducted, although news is the number 1 search (at 57%) – urgency is the key to this
- "9 out of 10 searchers have taken action as a result of a smartphone search"
The stat that 29% are willing to give up high heels in order to keep the net on their smartphone I’m not sure about! Anyway, the report is worth a look and this Infographic says it all...
We’re conducing our own smartphone study and will post the results as soon as we complete it.