The Museum 2 You display is rapidly coming together and we look forward to seeing the display in regional NSW by May this year.
The development of the Museum 2 You project is at a really exciting phase. We asked you what you wanted the project to be, did several online surveys and complied the results. What we now have is a great environmental education program for community NSW.
The key components of the Museum 2 You project are:
- Display focusing on sustainability, climate change and biodiversity.
- Information banners focusing on each topic
- 12 information display panels
- Energy rating devices
- Biodiversity surveying equipment
- Water monitoring equipment
- Museum 2 You website
- Education resources to support staff and inform the general community.
I want to thank everyone that has been involved for being a part of the development of the Museum 2 You project in 2011. You have really helped move the project forward and I look forward to your feedback in 2012.
Here are some of the project milestones we have achieved so far:
- Museum 2 You website went live in June 2011 and we've had over 1000 hits
- The team has done over 25 blog entries related to the project
- Text for the banners and information panels has been edited and is with design team
- Some of the images for the program have been donated by Greenpeace
- The marketing brochure is almost ready to be printed
- The fully recyclable display modules are on order from Esute
- The biodiversity surveying equipments will arrive any day
We have also received our first booking for 2012, but there are still places left. Contact us to book groups in for free trials from May 2012,