Animal Hands-on Session - Years K-6
Students are able to touch Museum specimens in a designated learning space.
Museum educator-led program
Students can model scientific processes in a fun way as they explore real specimens. The educator will focus on a theme from the list below. Please indicate your chosen theme when booking.
- Habitats and adaptations (K-6)
- Dinosaurs (K-6)
- Climate Change and Australian animals (3-6) Available from Term 2 2017
- Invertebrate animals (K-6)
- Spiders (K-6) Available from Term 1 2017
- Australian animals (K-6)
- Rocks and minerals (K-6)
- Australian megafauna (3-6) Available from Term 1 2017
- Syllabus links: Science Stages ES1-S3
- Maximum number of students: 30 (4 groups per day)
- Duration: One hour
Education Resource Kit
The kit contains practical information, syllabus links, a Museum Guide Map and an outline of the program.
Vanessa Gardos , Manager, Education