Web to Classroom - Teacher Profiles
On Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 November 2009 we held web to classroom workshops with primary and secondary teachers. The aim was to find out how teachers are using the web in their classrooms and how we can work more closely with them via our own website.
We would like to say a big thank you to the teachers who paricipated in these works and for their enthusiasm and creative contributions to a very productive day! We were very impressed with the innovative ways that they are already using the internet and social media with students of all ages and levels. See the Web to Classroom blog post to find out more about the experiences and views they shared with us.
We asked the participating teachers to write a bit about themselves and to collect their favourite Australian Museum webpages. They then organised these into sets with their own notes to pass on to their students and colleagues.
Have a look at the links to below find out about the teachers and to see what they created.
Primary School Teachers
- Karen - Teacher Librarian
- Jenny - Year 6
- Deborah - Year 5 and 6
- Katherine - Year 2 and Information and Communication Technology Co-ordinator
- Paul - Year 6 and Acting Principal
- Kathryn - Teacher Librarian
- Linda - Year 5 and Gifted and Talented
- Ian - Teacher - Local Government Councillor
- Kate - Year 4,5 and 6
Secondary School Teachers
- Carolina - Head of History Department
- Elizabeth - Science
- Chris - Head of the Human Society and it's Environment Faculty
- Susan - Science
- Maeve - Science
- Susan - Head of Science Department
- Sarah - Science
Brooke Carson-Ewart , Web Manager