Surviving Australia Exhibition - Stages 1-3
Students discover animal strategies for survival in Australia's changing climate and landscape.
Students investigate Australian islands, dangerous and backyard animals, habitats, marine waters, classification and adaptations. They see life-size reconstructions and fossils of extinct Australian Megafauna and observe live Australian animals. There are many hands-on and interactive exhibits to inspire your students.
It is recommended that teachers download an exhibition guide and the stimulus questions for Stages 1-3, and the activity booklets for Stage 3.
- Syllabus links: Science
- Duration: Approximately one hour
- Cost: Free entry for school students
- Location: Surviving Australia exhibition, Level 2
Education Resource Kit
- Teacher Notes and stimulus questions
- An Ancient Land Activity - Stage 3
- Environment Matters Activity - Stage 3
- Exhibition Guide
- Exhibition Floorplan
- Australian Museum Guide Map
Ms Helen Wheeler , Learning Services Operations Manager