There are many ways to be waterwise.
In the home
- Take shorter showers.
- Use the half flush button on your toilet instead of the full flush button.
- Don’t put rubbish or chemicals down the drain.
- Don’t turn the tap on too hard while washing your hands and turn off it properly.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean paths and driveways.
In the garden
- Water the garden early in the morning or in the evening because less water evaporates when it is cooler.
- Plant Australian plants that are native to your area and mulch your garden.
- Find alternatives to fertilisers and pesticides that may contain harmful chemicals.
- Wash the car on the lawn.
Greg McDonald , Education Project Officer - Streamwatch