Staff profile: Michael Hugill
- Position title:
- Online Producer (Content Strategy & Social Media)
- 61 2 9320 6184
- Contact form:
I'm a communications professional specialising in online content creation and strategy as well as social media management. I’m interested in creating stories and ensuring they reach and connect with audiences.
I've worked for a variety of major Australian and international media companies including Yahoo!, Channel 7, ACP, Media Monitors (now iSentia) and Pacific Magazines.
I’m currently employed across the culture and science sectors as an Online Producer at the Australian Museum, where I've initiated and implemented changes to critical areas of its website and social media resulting in improvements (to reach and engagement) of several thousand percent.
A museum is an incredibly varied place to work (Research! Exhibitions! History! Big Dinosaurs!) and my variety of responsibilities reflects that:
• Web content strategy and production
• Social media strategy and operations
• Digital marketing including managing Search, Display, Social and EDM campaigns
• Advertising campaigns, particularly the Facebook strategy and creative for blockbuster exhibitions
• App development from a communications and UX perspective
I'm also a proud Arts postgraduate, with a BA in English Literature and an MA in Creative Writing. My masters thesis was shortlisted for The Australian/Vogel’s Literary Award in 2012.
Master of Arts
Wellington, New Zealand
Bachelor of Arts
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations)