Staff profile: Mr David Bock
- Position title:
- Events Coordinator
- Visitor Services
- +612 9320 6080
- Contact form:
Hi, my name is David. I work with visitors helping them to get the most out of their museum visit. I develop and deliver visitor programs, such as tours, school holiday activities, and I help to identify animals (and other things) brought into our Search & Discover exhibition. This role is very varied and here is a small list to Illustrate of some of the activities I have been involved with over the last year:
- I developed a ‘Dad Joke Tour’ of the museum. Here is one.
Q. Why do seagulls live near the sea?
A. Because if they lived near the bay, they would be called bagels.
- I have researched which are the best dolls to mummify. This was part of a craft activity where children were able to wrap a doll in bandages and make a sarcophagus for it to lie in.
- I have been digging up the fossil bones of a Centrosaurus (a 75 million year old dinosaur) located in our Dinosaurs exhibition.
- I have helped wrangling a life sized dinosaur puppet called Winny.
- We had Mammoths in the museum and I had to figure out what wool is the most suitable to create a woolly mammoth.
- There was a fair amount of training this year. I had to learn how to draw like a cave man; write like a pharaoh; walk like a dinosaur; and finding my way around the museum in the dark with a torch.
- Master of Environmental Education. Macquarie University, Sydney
- Bachelor of Education (EnvironmentaI Science) Melbourne University