Mineral Detective - Stage 4
Students investigate the properties and uses of minerals in this self-guided activity.
Students use clues in the Albert Chapman Collection and the Planet of Minerals exhibitions to investigate the properties and uses of minerals. In four separate activities students investigate the properties of minerals and why they are appropriate for use in Industry, Decoration, Health and Beauty and Around the House. Bookings are essential.
- Syllabus links: Science Stage 4
- Maximum number of students: No limit
- Duration: One hour
- Cost: Free entry for school students
- Location: Albert Chapman Mineral Collection, Planet of Minerals exhibitions, Level 1
Education Resource Kit
- Teacher Notes
- Mystery Mineral Student Activity 1. Decoration
- Mystery Mineral Student Activity 2. Around the House
- Mystery Mineral Student Activity 3. Industry
- Mystery Mineral Student Activity 4. Health and Beauty
- Australian Museum Guide Map
Ms Helen Wheeler , Learning Services Operations Manager