- Chris Mandarakas
I am Head of the HSIE faculty at Granville Boys High School. I have been a teacher for 23 years, mainly in Western Sydney. Enjoy reading and watching all things related to History. Really enjoy topics like the Industrial Revolution, French and Russian revolutions Germany after WWI, Age of Discovery. Indigenous cultures and Australia's European History.
Within the faculty we're looking at ways of doing more with technology and this also includes the use of laptops in our classrooms. We have designed several assessment tasks that require students to use programs like MovieMaker and StoryMaker. We're also looking at ways of distributing and collecting work to/from students.
- How about instructions for students (ie teachers) about how to make one out of clay
Some students may not be aware of the meaning of words like whitewash. What/How is gypsum made?
The length of text may not be accesible to low/reticent readers. You could add pictures to show how the procedure is completed. Roll over the word to hear it pronounced and to see it's meaning . Suited more to Stage 6
- Ancient Egyptian earthernware vessel
- Ancient Egyptian funerary cone
- Ancient Egyptian model funerary boat
- Ancient Egyptian mummified human foot
- Ancient Egyptian mummified human hand
- Ancient Egyptian mummy bandage
- Ancient Egyptian Mummy E73942
- Ancient Egyptian mummy in coffin
- Ancient Egyptian mummy mask
- Ancient Egyptian mummy net with amulet E32103
- Ancient Egyptian painted coffin
- Serapeum sphinx
- The making of Egyptian Treasures Art of the Pharaohs