Love of all things Science and Outdoor
“Excellence in Integration of ICT Award” issued by Mr Refsauge 2004
Web 2 literate
Robotics and Science Club coordinator at school
Parent quote: (K Whale) “A well prepared, sensitive, creative, energetic, innovative and enthusiastic person who loves teaching”
Currently help to coordinate (one day a week) an Ecostudy middle schools program at Macquarie’s Innovations Centre where we are using iPhones and LAMS, a web based learning activity management system, to deliver activity based lessons according to the geographical position of the students. These lessons become available using GPS technology on the iPhone as the students approach the designated location for each lesson.
Career prior to teaching involved using my Science Degree in Research and Development for Bonds, Coats, Patons (Clothing industry) and then Johnson and Johnson Australia (Research and then Marketing).
Mother of two teenagers and wife to a golf-crazy engineering husband
Bachelor of Education University of Macquarie 1998 – 2000
Bachelor of Science (Applied- Honours) University of NSW 1982 – 1985
Classroom Teacher on Stage 3 classes Chatswood Public 2001 –
Teacher at Macquarie University’s Innovation Centre 2003 -
To achieve a teaching position where my proven computer and organisational skills will influence the development of enthusiastic, highly motivated students who love learning.
- need online booking like "science in the city"
A hyperlink to these would be useful!!
"There are three activity booklets based on Stage 3 Science and Technology and HSiE topics. The activity booklets are:
1.Environment Matters 2.An Ancient Land 3.This recording booklet will help you...
- Examples of remnant bushland in city environments needs to be mentioned here
We need more of these picture based pages for primary students
A d-key for identification of insects is also needed
- Great to have a lot of pics on this page
Can this be web based instead of pdfed?
If the d-key can be hyperlinked it will be more user friendly.
This method encourages a hard copy of the document.
A VERY LOOOOOONG page
Expected the green sub headings to be hyperlinks to the topics
- Lovely pic but could you please add scale to help model this technique for students.
- 2010 International Year of Biodiversity
- Birds in Backyards
- Black House Spider, Badumna insignis
- Bugwise for Schools
- Forest habitats
- Freshwater habitats
- How can you help Australia's biodiversity?
- Invertebrate biodiversity
- Spider Building a Web Diagram 1
- Spider origins
- Surviving Australia - Exhibition Guide
- Web2spider toolkit for schools
- What are invertebrates?
- What is biodiversity?
- What's happening to Australia's biodiversity?
- Woodland habitats