Indigenous Australians Exhibition Tour Years 3 -12
Students are guided through the exhibition by a Museum educator.
Museum Educator-led program
Students are guided through the Indigenous Australians exhibition by a Museum Educator.
The tour generally covers spirituality and the Dreaming, traditional technology - tools and weapons, archaeological evidence, relationship to the land, land rights, social justice, Stolen Generations, Freedom Rides.
It can be tailored to focus on either traditional pre-contact culture or the post-contact period.
The students have a short time at the end to freely explore the exhibition and are able to ask questions of the Museum Educator throughout the tour.
- Syllabus links: Human Society and Its Environment, Science and Technology, History, Visual Arts
- Duration: One hour
- Maximum number of students per hour: 30 students
- Cost: $4.40 (incl GST) per student additional to general Museum entry charge
- Location: Indigenous Australians exhibition, Level G
- Available: Monday to Friday during term time
Ms Helen Wheeler , Learning Services Operations Manager