Image: Scotts Point Ash Island
Scotts Point on Ash Island in the Hunter River estuary. The Point is located at the western end of the island where the residence of Alexander Walker Scott once stood. Scott owned the land from 1827 to 1866.
The Museum's Archives manager Vanessa Finney stands next to the sign. The photo was taken on a recent trip in 2011 by project team members working on the Museum's exhibition on the Scott sisters, daughters of AW Scott and two of the 19th century's most talented natural history illustrators. The Museum Archives has a significant collection of the Scotts' material including paintings, letters, manuscripts, sketches and books.
- Fran Dorey
- © Australian Museum