Image: Boomerang E048482 (front)
This wooden boomerang is from the Peak Hill region of Central West New South Wales. It is made from a single piece of dark brown wood, the surface of which is divided into segments by incised bands. The segments are decorated with lines, zig-zags and jelly fish-like designs. As noted on the sticker glued to the back of the boomerang, it was donated to the Australian Historical Society by Miss Georgia King in 1916 before being donated to the Australian Museum by the Australian Historical Society in 1940.
- Finton Mahony
- © Australian Museum