Image: Lewis Wing Third Storey
The original Lewis Wing on William Street c. 1924. The third storey addition was constructed from 1890 to 1892.
1890-1892: Third Storey Added to Lewis Wing
In 1890 funds were voted for a third storey to be put to the Lewis Wing. The recessed entrance was filled in, and the rooms used by the Curator and his family were converted to the Board Room and offices. This addition made the original wing better complement the Barnet wing, and the building appeared cohesive from the street.
- G. C. Clutton
- © Australian Museum