Image: Crystal group 2: Orthorhombic - Prism, Domes, 2 Pinacoids
Crystal group 2: Orthorhombic - Prism, Domes and two Pinacoids.
- Australian Museum Design Unit
- © Australian Museum
- Orthorhombic (orth): where each axis is of different length but the angle between each axis is 90°. (25% of known minerals).
- Dome: an open form of facet (face) found in monoclinic and orthorhombic minerals.
- Prism: a crystal that has a uniform cross section. In geometry, it is a solid that has two congruent and parallel faces (the bases) and whose lateral (side) faces are parallelograms.
- Pinacoid: the face of a crystal that is parallel to two of the axes.