Links to all the newest pages on the fish site.
- Sharpnose Sevengill Shark - head
- Tiger Moray, Gymnothorax enigmaticus McCosker & Randall, 1982
- Yellow Crested Weedfish at Port Stephens
- Largescale Grunter, Terapon theraps Cuvier, 1829
- Seagrass Wrasse, Novaculoides macrolepidotus
- Spiny Boxfish, Capropygia unistriata
- Bluespotted Goatfish, Upeneichthys vlamingii (Cuvier, 1829)
- Dot-and-Dash Butterflyfish - juvenile
- Spotfin Porcupinefish at Lord Howe Island
Collection access, visitor galleries and links to fish sites.
- Australian Museum Collection Search
- Collection codes
- Essential fish links
- Fish Collection Managers in Australia
- Fish Fieldwork
- Fish Section Photographers
- Fish Section Research Associates
- Fish Section Staff
- Fish Section Visitors
- Publications using specimens from the fish collection
- Australian Museum Research Institute Visiting Fellowships
About the anatomy of fishes and identifying a fish to family.
- Fish Dissections
- Fish scales
- Fish bones
- Glossary of fish terms
- Identify a fish to family using the fish key
- Parts of a fish - direction
- Parts of a fish - skeleton
- Parts of a fish - fins
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy of anterior region
- Fish Dissection - Gills exposed
- Rete mirabile of a Queensland Groper
- What is a gas bladder?
Information about specimens in the Fish Collection.