Links to all the newest pages on the fish site.
- Painted Cardinalfish, Taeniamia fucata
- Eastern Kelpfish - juvenile
- Hoeven's Wrasse, Halichoeres melanurus
- Clayton Manning
- Crocodilefish, Cymbacephalus beauforti
- Brownspotted Wrasse, Notolabrus parilus
- Sally's Eviota, Eviota readerae
- Greynurse Shark in Cabbage Tree Bay
- Blotched Jawfish, Opistognathus latitabundus
- Ornate Snapper from Sydney Fish Market
- Bigscale Soldierfish, Myripristis berndti
Collection access, visitor galleries and links to fish sites.
- Australian Museum Collection Search
- Collection codes
- Essential fish links
- Fish Collection Managers in Australia
- Fish Fieldwork
- Fish Section Photographers
- Fish Section Research Associates
- Fish Section Staff
- Fish Section Visitors
- Publications using specimens from the fish collection
- Australian Museum Research Institute Visiting Fellowships
About the anatomy of fishes and identifying a fish to family.
- Fish Dissections
- Fish scales
- Fish bones
- Glossary of fish terms
- Identify a fish to family using the fish key
- Parts of a fish - direction
- Parts of a fish - skeleton
- Parts of a fish - fins
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy of anterior region
- Fish Dissection - Gills exposed
- Rete mirabile of a Queensland Groper
- What is a gas bladder?
Information about specimens in the Fish Collection.