Links to all the newest pages on the fish site.
- Pelagic Thresher, Alopias pelagicus Nakamura, 1935
- A basketwork eel, Synaphobranchus oregoni
- Taylor's Pygmy Leatherjacket, Brachaluteres taylori
- Marjorie's Hardyhead, Craterocephalus marjoriae
- Threadfin Butterflyfish larva
- Jennifer Freer
- Short-tail Pipefish, Microphis brachyurus (Bleeker, 1853)
- Widebody Pipefish at Kurnell
- Spot-tail Cardinalfish from Moorea
- Giant Shovelnose Ray, Glaucostegus typus (Bennett, 1830)
Collection access, visitor galleries and links to fish sites.
- Australian Museum Collection Search
- Collection codes
- Essential fish links
- Fish Collection Managers in Australia
- Fish Fieldwork
- Fish Section Photographers
- Fish Section Research Associates
- Fish Section Staff
- Fish Section Visitors
- Publications using specimens from the fish collection
- Australian Museum Research Institute Visiting Fellowships
About the anatomy of fishes and identifying a fish to family.
- Fish Dissections
- Fish scales
- Fish bones
- Glossary of fish terms
- Identify a fish to family using the fish key
- Parts of a fish - direction
- Parts of a fish - skeleton
- Parts of a fish - fins
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy of anterior region
- Fish Dissection - Gills exposed
- Rete mirabile of a Queensland Groper
- What is a gas bladder?
Information about specimens in the Fish Collection.