Links to all the newest pages on the fish site.
- Ovalspot Butterflyfish, Chaetodon speculum
- Dr Martin Gomon - 2015
- Rough Flutemouths in Cabbage Tree Bay
- Hoeven's Wrasse - juvenile
- Old Wife, Enoplosus armatus (White, 1790)
- Saw-jawed Monocle Bream, Scolopsis ciliata (Lacepède, 1802)
- Dr Eri Katayama
- Streaky Lizardfish, Synodus similis
- Variegated Lizardfish, Synodus variegatus
- Regal Demoiselle, Neopomacentrus cyanomos
Collection access, visitor galleries and links to fish sites.
- Australian Museum Collection Search
- Collection codes
- Essential fish links
- Fish Collection Managers in Australia
- Fish Fieldwork
- Fish Section Photographers
- Fish Section Research Associates
- Fish Section Staff
- Fish Section Visitors
- Publications using specimens from the fish collection
- Australian Museum Research Institute Visiting Fellowships
About the anatomy of fishes and identifying a fish to family.
- Fish Dissections
- Fish scales
- Fish bones
- Glossary of fish terms
- Identify a fish to family using the fish key
- Parts of a fish - direction
- Parts of a fish - skeleton
- Parts of a fish - fins
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy of anterior region
- Fish Dissection - Gills exposed
- Rete mirabile of a Queensland Groper
- What is a gas bladder?
Information about specimens in the Fish Collection.