Links to all the newest pages on the fish site.
- Whale Shark, Rhincodon typus (Smith, 1828)
- Goldspeckled Shrimpgoby, Ctenogobiops pomastictus (Lubbock & Polunin, 1977)
- Javad Ghasemzadeh - 2016
- Black-spotted Porcupinefish, Diodon hystrix
- Steinitz' Shrimp Goby, Amblyeleotris steinitzi
- Immaculate Glidergoby at Fairy bower
- Threespine Frogfish caught in Albert River
- Emperor Angelfish - transition colour phase
- Bartail Moray, Gymnothorax zonipectis Seale, 1906
- Blacksaddle Filefish at Lizard Island
Collection access, visitor galleries and links to fish sites.
- Australian Museum Collection Search
- Collection codes
- Essential fish links
- Fish Collection Managers in Australia
- Fish Fieldwork
- Fish Section Photographers
- Fish Section Research Associates
- Fish Section Staff
- Fish Section Visitors
- Publications using specimens from the fish collection
- Australian Museum Research Institute Visiting Fellowships
About the anatomy of fishes and identifying a fish to family.
- Fish Dissections
- Fish scales
- Fish bones
- Glossary of fish terms
- Identify a fish to family using the fish key
- Parts of a fish - direction
- Parts of a fish - skeleton
- Parts of a fish - fins
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy
- Parts of a fish - internal anatomy of anterior region
- Fish Dissection - Gills exposed
- Rete mirabile of a Queensland Groper
- What is a gas bladder?
Information about specimens in the Fish Collection.