Evolution Trail Combo - Stage 5 Teachers Notes
In this program students explore exhibitions and complete activities that focus on evolution.The program consists of up to four self-guided activities with an option to include one educator-led activity.
Before your visit
- Excursion essentials - booking, free teacher's pass, lunch and practical tips
The Evolution Trail Combo activities are designed to meet syllabus outcomes from Stage 5 of the New South Wales Science syllabus. This program will focus on Skills outcomes as well as reinforcing Knowledge and Understanding components of the Stage 5 Syllabus (5.8.3).
Please ensure each student has a copy of the activity sheets for the activities you have selected.
- Geology Trail Stage 5 Student Activities
- Evolution and Adaptations Stage 5 Student Activities
- Dinosaurs Stages 4-6 Student Activities
- Evolution and natural selection Stage 5 Student Activities
- Fascinating Fossils Stage 5 Student Activities
At the Australian Museum
The day’s program may consisit of up to four self-guided 30-40 minute activities and one optional educator-led one hour session (this session incurs an additional charge).
- Geology Trail - self-guided in the Planet of Minerals and Albert Chapman Mineral Collection exhibitions
- Evolution and adaptations - self-guided in the Skeletons, Birds and Insects and Dinosaurs exhibitions
- Dinosaurs - self-guided in the Dinosaurs exhibition
- Evolution and natural selection - self-guided in the Surviving Australia exhibition
- Optional - Fascinating Fossils led by a Museum educator in the Science Studio on Ground Level ( incurs an addtional charge).
Jenny Horder , Manager