What's on: Communicating Science Simply: a professional development day
Learn how easy it can be to communicate scientific principles to audiences using everyday objects.
Communicating Science Simply: a professional development day #2
Photographer: Steve Keogh © Questacon
- Event Type:
- Special event
- 15 August 2014 to 15 August 2014
- 10.00 AM to 03.00 PM
- Australian Museum Theatrette, entry via William St
- $66 ($49.50 Museum members)
Join David Cannell, Excited Particle and Science Show Coordinator for Questacon (The National Science and Technology Centre), for a day of professional development, and learn how easy it can be to communicate scientific principles to audiences using everyday objects.
Session 1: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Brief overview of the work David and Excited Particle do for Questacon
- What is Science Communication
- How Questacon chooses topics and develops their science shows
- Work shopping session: a facilitated session where ideas based on upcoming exhibitions, current research or curriculum content can be start to be developed into demonstrations and shows
Lunch Break: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
(Please note: lunch is not provided.)
Session 2: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Interactive science busking activities (relative density, paper planes, pressure, puppets etc.)
- Learn how to do small demonstrations with everyday objects
- Making it up for Dr. Scar: learning how to create scars and wounds with make up
How to book
Book online below or contact our Science Festival team on (02) 9320 6389 or via email.