What's on: Travel Program: Wine, Stars, Food.
Explore rural NSW with Nobel Laureate Brian Schmidt and Associate Professor David McKinnon, taking in the stars and great food and wine.
- Event Type:
- Special event
- 4 April 2014 to 6 April 2014
- $1190 per person twin share ($350 single supplement)
About the trip
Join Associate Professor David McKinnon on this very special weekend trip of Orange, Parkes and Canowindra. Hear from Nobel Laureate, Dr Brian Schmidt, go behind the scenes of some very special locations and sample the very best that the Orange FOOD festival has to offer.
- Guided tour of Sydney Observatory
- Visit mount Tomah Botanical Gardens
- Meet and hear from Nobel Laureate, Brian Schmidt at the Charles Sturt University Winery
- Go behind the scenes of the Age of Fishes Museum
- Visit the CSIRO Parkes ‘Dish’
- Visit the stalls and festivities of the orange FOOD week
- Guided tour of the Charles Sturt Remote Telescope.
- Special guests including associate professor David McKinnon, Dr Brian Schmidt and more.
- 2 night’s accommodation
- Breakfast daily and lunches and dinners as noted in the itinerary
- Entry into The Dish, Ages of Fishes Museum, Sydney Observatory, Charles Sturt University winery
- Private air conditioned coach
Bookings are more information