What's on: Tiny Tots: Dancing Dinosaurs & Book Month!
Bring your kids along to the Museum for a simple introduction to dinosaurs and books with fun sensory activities and singing.
- Event Type:
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM most Fridays (see below for dates)
- Level 2, Kidspace
- Child $10 & Adult $15 (Members: Child $8 & Adult FREE) including general admission
Our programs are both fun and educational and designed specifically for preschool aged children. They're held in an exclusive space and numbers are limited.
Ages: 1- 3 years old (Are your kids slightly older? Try our Mini Explorers program).
1) Tiny Tots: Dancing Dinosaurs (17 - 31 October)
Bring your roaring dino babies along to the museum for a simple introduction to dinosaurs with fun sensory activities and singing!
- Paint with dinosaur footprints
- Make dinosaur fossil imprints in play dough
- Enjoy singing, dress ups and much more!
2) Tiny Tots: Book Month! (7 - 28 November)
Join us for a different theme each week inspired by some much loved books. From Possum Magic by Mem Fox to Indigenous Dreaming Stories each week a new theme will be explored through singing and fun sensory activities activities.
- 7 November - Beautiful Butterflies (The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle)
- 14 November - Playful Possums (Possum Magic by Mem Fox)
- 21 November - Commotion in the Ocean (Jolly Olly Octopus by Tony Mitton and Guy Parker Rees
- 28 November - Corroboree Kids (How the Kangaroo got their tails, an Indigenous Dreaming story), part of Corroboree Festival 2014, a fantastic Indigenous cultural event.
How to book
See below for dates, online bookings only. (Unsold tickets will be available at the admissions desk on the day, however, there is no guarantee of availability). For further information phone (02) 9320 6163.
Visitors arriving after 10:35am can proceed to the Search and Discover meeting room where the program is held.
1) Tiny Tots: Dancing Dinosaurs
2) Tiny Tots: Book month