What's on: Scott Sisters exhibition
Experience the colourful world of butterflies, moths and plants through the eyes of two of Australia's finest scientific illustrators.
- Event Type:
- Special event
- 23 June 2014 to 6 October 2014
- 09.30 AM to 05.00 PM
- Level 2, Extinction Gallery
- Free after admission
The Scott sisters produced exquisite watercolours over a 20-year period for their father’s scientific publication on moths and butterflies. These rarely seen artworks are now on display from the Museum’s Archives.
Don’t miss this opportunity to view work by these remarkable 19th century artists. This beautiful exhibition is suitable for art, history, science and nature lovers of all ages!
- View 36 beautiful paintings and early drawings
- Explore the lives of the Scott sisters through excerpts from their diaries, manuscripts and publications
- Watch videos featuring our archivists discussing the lives of these remarkable women and their work
- Catch the exhibition from June 23 until 6 October
‘I tremble to think of the awful responsibility I am putting on my paint brush.’
- Harriet Scott