What's on: Organised Group Tours
Start exploring Australia's diverse animal life, Aboriginal cultures and history with an expert-led tour.
- Event Type:
- Everyday event
- By appointment (duration: one hour)
- Level G, Atrium
- See below for more information.
Take this exclusive opportunity to learn about Australia from the Museum’s trained guides. Choose a theme and enjoy a presentation tailored to you and your group's needs.
On every tour you'll get the chance to:
- Handle Museum artefacts (such as boomerangs) and specimens (such as Koalas)
- Get up close to some of our live specimens too
- Ask questions and have them answered by an expert
Tours run for approximately one hour and are available by appointment.
- Unique Australia Tour - Explore both Australia’s Indigenous cultures and its amazing animal life. Hold museum artefacts such as boomerangs and get up close to the scary, venomous, strange or cuddly native Australian wildlife.
- Indigenous Australians Tour - Discover the amazing and diverse Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, their histories and the issues facing them today.
- Australian Animals Tour - Meet many unique Australian animals, from the iconic koala to the most venomous snakes and spiders in the world. We also have pre-historic animals, such as the diprotodon (just imagine an animal that looks like a wombat but is the size of a rhino!).
- Explore the Museum Tour - peruse all of the Museum’s permanent galleries, including Surviving Australia, Birds and Insects, Minerals, the Egyptian Mummy, Dinosaurs and Indigenous Australians. Some temporary exhibitions may be included too.
Bookings & Prices
We also offer a Behind the Scenes Tour.