What's on: Dinosaur Hunt & Book Month
These two new series will be part of our regular Mini Explorers program for two months only - same age group, same great fun and learning!
- Event Type:
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM (see below for dates)
- Level 2, Kidspace
- Child $10 & Adult $15 (Members: Child $8 & Adult FREE) including general admission
Our programs are both fun and educational and designed specifically for preschool aged children. They are held in an exclusive space and numbers are limited.
Ages: 3 - 5 years (Are your kids slightly younger? Try our Tiny Tots program). There will be lots of opportunities for parents and carers to join in too.
1) Dinosaur Hunt: Dino Dinners (14 - 30 October)
Come and stomp around with museum staff and learn what dinosaurs liked to eat.
- See and touch real fossils
- Learn about herbivores and carnivores
- Make your own dinosaur to take home
Some of the activities might be messy so please dress accordingly!
2) Mini Explorers: Book Month! (6 - 27 November)
Join us for Book Month in November at the Australian Museum!
From Possum Magic by Mem Fox to Indigenous Dreaming Stories each week a new story will be read followed by fun activities, take home craft dress ups and much more!
- 6 November - The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- 13 November - Possum Magic by Mem Fox
- 20 November - Jolly Olly Octopus by Tony Mitton and Guy Parker Rees
- 27 November - Eora Explorers: How the Kangaroos got their tails, part of Corroboree Festival 2014, a fantastic Indigenous cultural event.
How to book
See below for dates, online bookings only. (Unsold tickets will be available at the admissions desk on the day, however, there is no guarantee of availability.) For further information phone (02) 9320 6163.
Visitors arriving after 10:35am can proceed to the Search and Discover meeting room where the program is held.
1) Dinosaur Hunt: Dino Dinners
2) Mini Explorers: Book Month!