What's on: Travel Program: Blossoming Astronomy
*SOLD OUT* Join world famous astronomers and photographers on this 10 day trip of beautiful Western Australia.
- Event Type:
- Special event
- 18 August 2014 to 27 August 2014
- $5190 per person twin share
About the trip
Join world famous astronomical photographer David Malin on this 10 day trip of the very best that Western Australia has to offer. Explore breath taking national parks, dramatic Pilbara landscapes and stunning coastlines as you travel from Perth to Port Hedland during the magnificent wildflower season.
This very special trip features the Pinnacles, Monkey Mia and the Kennedy Ranges and includes all main meals, accommodation and ground transport.
- Discover the Karijini National Park
- Swim in the Dales Gorge, Fortescue Falls and Circular pool
- Witness the yellow flowering cassias and wattles, northern bluebells and purple mulla-mullas of the Mount Augustus National Park
- Tour Indigenous rock art of the area before visiting Cattle Pool in the Lions River before enjoying a camp dinner and stargazing
- Visit the Kennedy ranges and see how the red earth comes to life in August when the wildlife burst into bloom
- Visit the Canarvon Space and Technology Museum
- Travel through the Kalbarri National Park to the world heritage listed Shark Bay for a memorable champagne sunset cruise
- Explore the Hamelin Pools stromatolites at Shark Bay
- Visit the Red Bluff Coastal Cliffs and the Kalbarri Rainbow Jungle before stopping at the HMAS Sydney Memorial
- Explore the Coomberdale Wildflower farm and follow the ‘wildflower alley’ before heading off to the Pinnacles in the Nambung National Park
- Finish the tour with a stop at the Gravity Discovery Centre at Gingin a premier science education centre that hosts an observatory as well as exhibitions on Physics, Astronomy and Cosmology.
- Special guest host David Malin
- One way economy class airfare with Qantas from Perth to Newman
- Professional tourleader and guide
- 9 nights accommodation
- Breakfast daily and lunches and dinners as noted in the itinerary
- Entry fees for listed venues and national parks
- Private air conditioned 4WD coach
Bookings are more information